Wedding Tip Wednesday: What questions should you ask a wedding photographer?
Wedding Tip Wednesday: What questions should you ask wedding photographers? Below is a helpful list.
- Quality. Are you drawn to their images? Do you like their style on their website and blog? What does their recent work look like?
- How is their customer service? Did they call or email you right away?
- Passion. What is their favorite part of a wedding? What do they love about wedding photography?
- Price. Is their pricing in your range? How important is photography and how is that reflected in your budget? What is included?
- Do they offer what you want or are they willing to find it?
- Personality. You will be spending a lot of time together, are they someone you enjoy being around?
- Are they professional? What groups or organizations do they belong to? Do they have liability and equipment insurance?
- How long have they been photographing weddings? How many weddings have they photographed?
- Do they have professional gear and lots of backup equipment. (At the very least they should have multiple cameras for each photographer and many flashes.) Many newer photographers do not have the capital to invest in enough gear or replace gear if needed. Do they have additional lighting for dark situations (church formals or dark reception halls). What happens if they or their second shooter are ill on your day? Do they have a system in place to make sure there is someone there to photograph your day? Does their camera have dual card slots so that they have two cards with the photos on them? What is their backup process with the photos after they are taken?
- How long will it be before you see your wedding photos and professional wedding album? If the turnaround is too quick are they editing and processing the photos? Quality takes time but super long wait times are annoying. Where will your album and prints be printed?
- Do they offer an engagement session as a chance to get to know you as a couple? Will they customize your session to include your favorite park or a location that means something to the two of you?
- Ready to book? Be sure to sign a contract and have it in writing what your package includes. It can get confusing after talking to many different wedding professionals. A contract protects both parties and is a great reminder of what is included.